The Habit is a library of online writing lessons created by author and teacher Jonathan Rogers. It is also a hub of community for writers of all skill levels. Members have unlimited access to the ever-growing library, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Grammar for Writers—A 42-lesson practical survey of English grammar. Grammar for Writers equips writers to compose better sentences and diagnose writing problems .
- Line Edits—A series of short videos in which Jonathan discusses a piece of student writing, walking through his suggested revisions.
- Live Webinars—Real-time teaching on writing topics suggested by members. The live events are available to non-members, but recordings of past webinars (along with accompanying discussion forums) are available only to members.
- The Habit Forum—In the forum area of The Habit, members ask questions about writing, get advice, discuss writing topics, and give each other a little more courage.
- Office Hours—At least twice a month, Jonathan holds office hours via videoconference. Members of The Habit log on to discuss whatever writing issues are on their minds.
- The Habit Book Club—Members of The Habit read and discuss books on writing. At any given time, a book club will usually be in progress.
- Writing Prompts—There’s a new writing prompt every other week. Members write to the prompt, post your work here, and respond to one another’s work. For each prompt, Jonathan picks at least one writer’s to give a detailed critique and posts it for all participants to benefit from.